The desktop build of Trezor Suite uses an auto-updating feature to keep the application up to date with our latest published release.
electron-updater (part of
electron-builder) is used to manage updates. Information about updates is displayed in our UI and the user can perform actions related to them (trigger update, skip, etc...).
In addition of what
electron-updater provides us, we check signatures of downloaded files. For this to work, all files uploaded on Github need to have a signature attached with them. The signature will be checked against the SL signing key which is included in the application at build time. The key is located in
packages/suite-desktop/build/app-key.asc and should be updated if the private key is changed.
- Set the
GH_TOKENenvironment variable to a personal access token with access on the project repo scope. See Github documentation for more information.
- Check the version you want to publish is correct.
- Build all or a platform specific desktop build using
yarn workspace @trezor/suite-desktop run build:desktop(all) or
yarn workspace @trezor/suite-desktop run build:linux(platform specific/linux).
- Publish all builds or a platform specific build using
yarn workspace @trezor/suite-desktop run publish:all(all) or
yarn workspace @trezor/suite-desktop run publish:linux(platform specific/linux).
- Go to the Github Releases page, you should see a drafted release.
- Update the content (which will be displayed in app as a change log) and publish the release.